The pitter-patter of little feet is more important than you might think.
Children’s feet are constantly growing and changing—a child’s last foot bone isn’t fully developed until age 18. A child’s foot is a complex structure of bones, ligaments, tendons and muscles undergoing rapid development. This means they need unique care as their feet develop to prevent complications later in life.
At Merivale Podiatry, we’re experts in assessing and treating lower limb and foot conditions in children. We care about your child’s feet and want to help them get the most out of every step.
When should you take your child to see a Podiatrist?
A check-up with a podiatrist is recommended if:
- Your child complains of recurrent pain in their feet, heels, arches or legs
- You child trips and falls often
- Your child’s feet are turned out excessively or turned in
- Your child walks on their toes
- Your child has flat feet
- You notice uneven or rapid shoe wear
- Your child has itchy feet
- You notice skin rashes, hard skin, lumps or bumps on your child’s feet
- Your child has ingrown toenails, warts, or new freckles
- You have a family history of foot or lower limb problems
- You have any other concerns about your child’s feet
- Your child has curly toes
- You would like some advice on footwear for your child
Want to talk to someone about your little one’s feet? Book an appointment with one of our podiatrists today.